As we stated above there is an issue about gambling addiction. It is actually a growing problem. Online Casinos are easily accessible and there are a lot of options to stay anonymous on the web. It is easy to start but sometimes difficult to stop. As a result, your addiction could lead to many negative psychological, physical, and social repercussions. Nowadays the American Psychiatric Association (APA’s) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual even classes it as an impulse-control disorder.
Problem gambling is actually harmful to health and you could meet depression, migraine, distress, intestinal disorders, and other anxiety-related problems.
Am I gambling too much?
In order to protect yourself from possible negative consequences and prevent the development of addiction, you should be aware of the real situation. Please read the following statements:
- Gambling becomes an imposition, so you not only think over and over about previous gaming experience but also make plans on how to win. You can even find yourself searching for new sources of income just to gamble.
- Your spending is constantly increasing to keep you satisfied.
- Once you have decided to stop gambling, you find yourself playing again.
- You feel irritability and restlessness every time you have to stop playing.
- You see that gambling helps you to avoid problems or even to raise your mood.
- You return to gambling to play your money back.
- You are lying to your relatives and close friends about gambling experience.
- Some difficulties appear in various sphere of your life, e.g. work, studying, relationship. And the possible reason could be gambling.
- You need to borrow money to solve financial problems caused by gambling.
If you can apply more than four statements to yourself, you may be at risk of gambling addiction. Like people suffering from alcohol or drug addiction, compulsive gamblers are at high risk for serious social, work-related, financial, emotional and even legal and physical problems. Noto to mention, gamblers aren’t the only ones hurt by their behaviour. Family members often suffer problems such as stress-related physical and mental illness. It is a proven fact that children with parents who have gambling problems are up to 10 times more likely to develop gambling problems themselves than children whose parents aren’t gamblers.
How I can safely gamble?
A game is only a game, so please take it easy and here we prepared some tips to make your iGaming adventures safer.
Gambling is not a way to make money
There are always losses. In order to operate all casinos should receive more money than they actually pay out. Of course, you could be lucky to win a jackpot, but make a realistic evaluation of your chances. And if it is not your day today it is better to stop.
Define how much you can lose before you start
As we said iGaming is a good pastime activity. How would you feel if you just paying for your leisure? Stay away from spending money that you keep for more relevant things.
Never chase losses
Very often people think that just one more spin is left to win and begin to spend more than they can afford. Please, re-read first two tips. And again, it is important to know where to stop.
Set your money limit
It is quite obvious: define how much you can spend. And here is one more tip – use prepaid payment option not to spend more money than you intended. Most of the safe casinos let you set up limits at your dashboard.
Don`t play overtime
The same advice as for money but for time. It is easy to lose touch with realitу while spending the whole day playing.
Control your emotions
Gambling is not the way to raise your mood. Please, don’t gamble when you are depressed or upset.
Don`t mix alcohol and gambling
It is the easiest way to make bad decisions.